ALL LEVELS YOGA - Lori Style
10 Reasons to practice Yoga
- Stress Releif: By encouraging relaxation, yoga helps to lower the levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Pain Relif: Yoga helps to improve body alignment resulting in better posture and helping to relieve back, neck, joint and muscle pain.
- Better Breathing: Yoga teaches people to take slower, deeper breaths. This helps to improve lung function, trigger the body’s relaxation response and increase the amount of oxygen available to the body.
- Flexibility: Yoga helps to improve flexibility and mobility, increasing range of movement and reducing aches and pains.
- Increased Strength: Yoga asanas (postures) use every muscle in the body, helping to increase strength and they also provide an additional benefit of helping to relieve muscular tension.
- Weight Management: Yoga encourages healthy eating habits and provides a heightened sense of well-being and self-esteem.
- Improved Circulation: Yoga helps to improve circulation and, as a result of various poses, more efficiently moves oxygenated blood to the body’s cells.
- Cardiovascular Conditioning: Even gentle yoga practice can provide cardiovascular benefits by lowering resting heart rate, increasing endurance and improving oxygen uptake during exercise.
- Focus on the Present: Yoga helps us to focus on the present, opening the way to improved concentration, coordination, reaction time and memory.
- Inner Peace: The meditative aspects of yoga help many to reach a deeper, more spiritual and more satisfying place in their lives.
Text courtesy of Yoga Alliance.